Sunday 21 February 2010

In praise of the Wubba

When you get your first cat, (or your thirty-first), if you are like me, you can't wait to rush out and buy it some "essentials", like sticks with feathers on, bouncy balls that go missing after 2 minutes and vibrating and/or running mice.




I have a big box in the loft full of the many, many items that I've been sure will be loved by all my feline friends. The truth is that they show a passing interest in each item but it can never be said to be a lasting love. I bring the box down each time I get a new house guest, let them pick what they will play with and then back up it goes.





But I've at last found a toy that all three of my cats and my foster cat love. And when I say love, I mean not only the "like intensely" kind of love, I'd go as far as to say the romantic kind of love.




This fabulous item is called Kong Wubba. They lay with their faces on it, they lick it, they rub their noses on it, they fall asleep with it in their "arms". When they get tired of loving it they bite it ferociously, kick at it with their back legs, and then go back to cuddling it better again. I have to make them take turns with it now to make it feel fair!!

Here is what remains of mine and what it should look like: -





I ought to add, I have no connection with the makers of this item and simply felt the need to share my wonderful find.

No comments:

Post a Comment