Tuesday 2 March 2010

Spring has Sprung


Spring is here at long last! I love snow so much, but even I have got just a little bit tired of it now. My cats usually spend a good 70% of their time out of doors throughout the year, but for the last 3 months they have become house cats. This is through their choice rather than mine!




I leave the cat flap open for them, but they have decided it is a window rather than a door. They sit in my porch looking out at the weird white stuff that has taken over the world, and nothing short of a fire would get them out of the house and even then I think they would be torn!


Even today with the sun shining brightly and not a sign of snow, they have been very wary of the big bad outdoors. What if the white stuff comes back while they are out and they can't get to their biscuits in time?



They were finally encouraged with a good firm push to take the risk, and they lasted for the whole of 3 minutes before they were back again.


This 3 minutes of the outdoor life seems to have had a drastic effect on them though. I am currently sat on my settee while 3 wild cats chase around and around the house like crazy beasts. It is amusing and annoying as I have just sat back down after cleaning up my spilt tea from the carpet. It really does feel like there is a herd of elephants chasing each other up and down stairs.


I do look forward to the time when they start to go out again - I love my cats to pieces, but enough is enough.

It seems that spring has entered the JoeyGrey household. And not a minute too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment